1 cup organic raw almonds Nut Milk Bag Filtered water OPTIONAL SWEETENER / FLAVOUR CHOICES: 1-2 tbsp organic maple syrup 1-2 tbsp organic raw honey 1-2 tbsp organic brown rice syrup 1/2 tsp organic cinnamon powder 2-3 tbsp organic cacao powder 1/2 tsp organic vanilla bean powder 2-3 organic medjool dates
- Soak Almonds: Place 1 cup of almonds in a bowl or jar & cover with at least a few centimetres of water and let soak for 12-24 hours. TIP: the longer the soaking time the creamier your milk will taste.
- Strain the almonds & discard the water.
- Rinse thoroughly until the water runs clear.
- Place almonds in a powerful blender or Thermomix together with 3-4 cups of water and optional sweetener/spices (enough to your taste). TIP: the less water you use, the thicker your milk will be.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until the nuts are completely broken down and the mixture is deliciously creamy.
- Strain the almond milk by lining your nut milk bag over a large jug or bowl, and pour the creamy liquid into the nut milk bag. TIP: keep squeezing the nut milk bag to ensure you get as much milk as possible into your jug or bowl.
- Pour your beautiful, fresh milk into a glass jar or pitcher and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Enjoy this beautiful, fresh milk with your breakfast, in cooking, baking, or simply drink it by the glass!